My first favorites post for 2016…..
Hi everyone. It’s time for my January Favorites!!
So we’ve been experiencing dry skin here lately even though our winter has been pretty mild, so most of these favorites are centered around my need to hydrate my skin.
1. Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hand Cream- First off this stuff smells delicious!
Secondly its a great hydrating hand cream and really gives you instant relief, very thick and luxurious. Plus it’s by Shea Moisture so you know you are getting good ingredients.
I guess I am a little late to the whole manuka honey band wagon- it’s supposedly very good for your skin and heals it and I just discovered it for myself.
2. Tarte Tartiest Contour Palette- So I was looking for a contour palette and the popular cult favs had parabens in them, something I am trying to avoid in my beauty products. So I had given up hope and low and behold Tarte comes out with theirs, which is paraben free. I LOVE this palette and it has become my everyday face makeup. I love the colors and the ease of breaking out one palette- I even do my eyes with this (I think a tutorial may be needed).
3. The Best Homemade Kids’ Lunches on the Planet by Laura Feuntes- I have fallen in love with these simple and fun lunch ideas, some are even great quick weeknight dinner ideas, like Dad’s Easy Bean Soup.
4. Honest Organic Healing Balm- this stuff is liquid gold in my house, we use it for eczema flare ups, dry skin, cuts and cracked lips and dry noses from cold. This is your healthier option to Vaseline.
It has a similar consistency to it, but is grittier and oilier and smells a little like oats. Totally organic so go ahead and feels safe to lather yourself and the kids up.
5. EOS Lip Balm- I love this stuff! My favorite is the Strawberry Sorbet and Blackberry Nectar. I keep one in my purse and one on my night stand.
6. Enfuselle Hand & Body Lotion- This stuff is a girl’s best friend! My skin can get somewhat alligator-like in the winter, but since discovering this stuff- the only alligator skin around here is on my purse.
This instantly fixed my issue in one application. I simply use it after I shower about twice a week (it works so good I don’t even need to apply it daily).