The correct way to dust is from the top down, this way you don’t get dust on areas you just dusted. And then vacuum the room after dusting.
1. Get out your Swiffer (or other duster) and start with the ceiling- ceiling fans and light fixtures.
2. Then do the crown moldings.
3. Dust walls from top down.
4. Dust lamps and decorative items.
5. Dust the tops, sides, fronts and also behind furniture.
6. Then dust the baseboards.
7. Follow up by vacuuming and you’re all done.
TIPS: I use the Swiffer for ceiling, walls, reaching behind furniture and baseboards. To dust decorative items and furniture I use a damp cloth to collect the dust.