OK, say what? Clean my washing machine? But… isn’t that what it does? Isn’t a washing machine’s whole purpose to clean things? Well…. yes and no. Yes it cleans our clothes, but to keep it smelling fresh and doing its job properly and prolong its life- you really should clean it periodically.
Now depending on whether you have a top loader (which I have) or a front loader will depend on HOW OFTEN you need to do this. Front loaders can get moldy around the door and in all the rubber seals around the doors (I know, I had a front loader that I replaced because of mold- YUCK). Front loaders should be checked and washed more regularly and also try to leave the doors open (if you can) or at least dry the rubber seals with a towel or paper towel when you are done using the machine.
Now first step is to open the washing machine, spray the inside with your favorite cleaner. Vinegar works fine for this, but my favorite cleaner to use is my Organic Basic H just spray well and scrub. Then pour 1 cup of distilled white vinegar into the washing machine and run a load on HOT on the longest setting. If you do this regularly say like 2-4 times a year you should only have to just run it, if this is your first time washing your washing machine or you have not done this in a while I suggest let it fill up and then let it sit for an hour before letting it finish the cycle. Once done wipe the inside down again to make sure you get any grime off and happy laundering!
I use the Shaklee Get Clean Laundry Line and it helps keep my washing machine cleaner longer.
Anyone who’s struggled with sudsy buildup in their high-efficiency, energy- and water-saving washer will love the fresh thinking found in the New Fresh Laundry Concentrate HE Compatible formula. Its suds-controlling formula is kind on your washer. Its triple-concentrated formula saves money, water, energy, and space in your laundry room. Its formula is kind on your skin. Plus it’s a two-in-one cleaner: an incomparable pre-spotter and laundry cleaner.
When used as a stain remover, 46% more effective than OxiClean® Versatile Stain Remover and 33% better than Resolve® Max Laundry Stain Remover, and when used as a liquid laundry concentrate comparable to Method® 8X Laundry Detergent, all® small & mighty® free clear, Tide® Free & Gentle, and Whole Foods 2X Concentrated Laundry Detergent.*
- HE Compatible Formula!
- Also ideal for use in standard washers
- Available in Regular Scent or Fragrance Free
- Superconcentrated – one small bottle cleans 32 medium loads, the same number as a 100 ounce bottle of conventional liquid laundry detergent.
- Super performance in a small package – enzyme-activated natural cleaners deliver a powerful clean that rivals leading brands.
- Two-in-1 product.
- Small bottle is easy to carry, pour, and store – small size fits on your shelf.
- Extra natural enzyme power boosters for color-safe whitening.
- Formulated to help prevent dyes in colored clothes from transferring from one garment to another during wash.
- Biodegradable Surfactants
- No phosphates
- No chlorine